Due to the hard work of many local advocates and my partners in the legislature, I was able to help secure much needed funding for various projects here at home in Volusia County.
- Sponsored historic legislation to select Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune as the first African American to represent a state in the National Statuary Hall Collection in the U.S Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- Co-sponsored the “Helen Gordon Davis Fair Pay Protection Act”, a bill which would guarantee equal pay for equal work.
- Co-Sponsored legislation that allocated two million dollars to widen Williamson Blvd in an effort to ease congestion on the road due to expanded development and growth.
- Fought to increase per student funding for Volusia County Schools, accounting for an increase in more than 5 million dollars for our local schools
- Voted to increase environmental funding by one hundred million dollars
- Supported public education and voted against two disastrous omnibus education bills that sought to undermine public education
- Passed an appropriation bill that allocates one million dollars to the city of DeLand for the expansion of the Northwest Industrial Business Park access road near the airport
- Sponsored an appropriation bill that allocated funds to Embry Riddle University for their Flight Research Center
- Passed an appropriation bill that allocated $500,000 for septic to sewer conversion.
- Supported the expansion of trade and vocational opportunities by co-Sponsoring an appropriation to fund the 3D Manufacturing job training program at Daytona State.
- Co-sponsored legislation to create the first memorial on the grounds of the State Capitol that is dedicated to the contributions made by enslaved people of color.
- Stood up to the NRA and supported policy ideas that sought to address the issue of gun violence.
- Supported over a quarter billion dollars in appropriations and funding for Volusia County in the last two years
- Supported our youth with special needs and co-sponsored appropriation request for the Easter Seals Autism Center of Excellence in Volusia and Flagler counties